Wednesday 25 May 2011

Time is Running Out

With only 1 week to go before I return to the day job, the blues are kicking in big time.  Going back to work is one thing, I mean, I'm not exactly looking forward to it but I'm not dreading it either. Well maybe a little bit.

I've spent the last 3 months hanging out with my man, taking him to the park, changing his nappies (aka diapers), going for walks, feeding and dressing him.  Then some days at nap time, if the sun was being good, I might spend an hour with a nice cigar, and if the sun was being really good, a nice cold brew to go with it.

Those days are now pretty much gone.  The boy is in creche having the time of his life.  He runs off and grabs the nearest fire engine or racing car, and I'm forgotten about in seconds.

It's not all bad though.  One last order is on the way, one more special package before I'm forced back at the grindstone.

The order is for 5 x Oliva Serie V Double Robusto, 5 x Ashton VSG Robusto and 1 x God Of Fire Carlito Double Robusto 2006.

I've had a couple of Oliva cigars in the past and remember enjoying them but I've never had the Double Robusto.   Ashton and the God of Fire are totally new to me.

I went for the GoF because of a blog and review done by Cigar Craig which gives it the thumbs up, so if it's good enough for him, then it's probably too good for me.  Please click on Cigar Craig above or opposite for that review.

I went for the Ashton and the Oliva cigars in equal measures because I have reps from both cigar companies now following me on twitter, so I think it's only fair to share.  I have to thank Craig and Bear Duplisea for that, as both of them tweeting my blog.

The cigars are on their way from Fox of St. James, which given their reputation, should come in perfect condition.  I'm hoping that the last cigars (and first) I got from them were a one off and not an indication of the norm.  These were unsmokable and fell apart.  I was offered a free cigar with my next order, which is this one, so I'm hoping that makes up for it.  I will of course be posting what happens later in the week.

The cigar pictured below was smoked, by me, a couple of weeks ago.  It's another of the cigars the wife got me in Dublin.  I don't know what it is or where it came from as it didn't have a band, but it was certainly one to remember.  She did get the name but I can't make out what the guy in the shop wrote down, so I guess I'll just have to pop into the shop next time we're home, and get another one.  That way I can ask them to write it down again.  It'd be rude not to.

The cigar itself was slightly damaged here and there, with little cuts and small bits of wrapper peeling back.  The wapper was very light and thin and the cigar felt huge in the hand.  I didn't expect much due to the damage but to be fair to the cigar, the damage didn't make any difference.  This was a beautiful cigar from start to finish.  Full of flavour, very choclatey and smooth.  A joy to smoke.  Wish I have some more.  It's lasted around 90 minutes and I could quite happily have done another 90 minutes.  A perfect role which was fully appreciated at the time.  This one was put together by somebody who knew exactly what they were doing.  A fantastic blend and role with a perfect burn despite the damage.  10 out of 10.

Away on his toes

Mystery Cigar

1 comment:

  1. This is one soft burning smoke! 20 minutes in and I am just accomplished the first inch. The flavour opened on cocoa and cloves, just like pre-light, but is axis richer, with toasted basics notes some sweetness and a spicy of zing on the average of my tongue.

    http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigars-online.cfm

    ReplyDelete