Thursday 19 May 2011

They think it's all over...well it isn't quite over just yet

The last cigar of the trip home was enjoyed in the shed at my parents house.  The shed fills the bottom quarter of the back garden so it's not a bad place to enjoy a cigar, especially when a few beers are involved.  This time it was the Arturo Fuente Churchill, the one with the flamboyant tube that was picked up in Galway.

Now this was a great cigar.  I'm not entirely sure but I think this is my first Fuente, and it definitely won't be my last.  I'll be looking to pick up a few more over the next few months.

This was a really smooth cigar, great burn and full of smoke.  No problems at any stage and I smoked it right down to the nub.  See for yourself below.  The picture also shows the golf bag the Brother-in-law gave me.

There are two cigars I haven't mentioned yet, one smoked during the trip and one just after we got back to the UK, both bought in Dublin.  These were new cigars to me and this is what I thought...

The first one was a Te Amo World Selection Series Nicaragua Blend.  This was my first Te Amo and although the cigar had a consistent burn it didn't excite me in any way and I grew bored of it by about half way through.  I'll give them another try some time in the future but I'm in no great rush.  It looked good and felt good but as we all know, looks aren't everything.

The other new cigar was a Bauza something or other.  Not sure what exactly but it was approximately Robusto sized.  This was a lovely cigar to smoke and another one for the humidor in the future.  This one also went down to the nub which is always a good sign.

That about wraps it up for the trip home.  I had lots of cigars, nights out on the town and we drove over 1800 miles.  We spent quality time with friends and family, dropped in on some relations unannounced, relations I hadn't seen in years.  We saw new places, Fr. Ted's house and made new plans for the next trip.

Roll on September.





No comments:

Post a Comment