Friday 11 March 2011

All quiet on the baby front

At least for the moment.  

Today is the first day the family has been broken up.  The baby has been left for a half day at creche, his first day, the wife is at work, and I'm home alone.  I suppose I should be enjoying the free time.  So far I have.  A quick pint with Jim at lunchtime, a quick cycle home on the bike, and a nice cup of coffee in the garden.

The baby is due to be picked up at 4pm.  After that, I'll start the process of selecting this weekends cigars.  Which ones to smoke, which ones to leave a bit longer and which ones to leave well alone.

I'm in two minds.  I want to enjoy them, but I also want to keep them and let them age.  I suppose a bit of self restraint is in order.  But on the other hand, what if something bad was to happen and they got ruined and wasted...I'd be kicking myself. What to do, what to do.

Anyway, tomorrow is a big day.  We have a 1st birthday party to attend and Ireland take on Wales in Cardiff.  That deserves at least one decent smoke and maybe one average smoke.  I think I'll keep the really good cigars for the England game Saturday week.

Here's to a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment