Friday 27 May 2011

Rant-ta-tan-ta-tant

The car is back from the garage, all fixed up and good as new.  Sort of.  Good as new apart from the nasty damage down the left hand side.  Big nasty gouges along with lots of smaller nasty gouges kinda takes the shine off it a bit.

Thankfully, they put their collective hand in the air and said sorry.  I didn't make a fuss.  Accidents happen, such is life.  No point crying about these things, once they repair the damage. 

While I made my way to the garage, I was accosted by a man in a suit trying to sell me cigarettes.  Cigarettes?  Surely not.  Well, no, it wasn't cigarettes he was pushing.  It was electonic cigarettes or E-Fags for short.  Now, ok, it's not like he was trying to sell me Marlboro's, but just because it's not made from tobacco, does that make it right?  I for one think not.

They dress it up and pretend it's an aid to giving up smoking.  It's not.  It's just another trap.

I'm all for people giving up smoking.  I smoked the ciggies for over 20 years and only stopped smoking last August, so I'm speaking from experience, but I do have a problem with the gums, patches, pretend cigarette nicotine inhalers or whatever guise these props come in.  They don't work.  If they did work, people would use them once and stop, but they don't.  They may help some people but if they did actually work, then the manufacturers wouldn't get any repeat business, and there's no money in that.

Anyways, as everybody knows, cigars are a totally different thing and as I type up this rant, I'm smoking my first ever Oliva Serie V Double Robusto, and what a lovely thing it is too.  You know where you can stick your electronic smoke stick Mister!  My actual words were  "I don't smoke" humph.

Rant over, now back to the Oliva.  I like this cigar.  It's a firm stick, good looking, not overly veiny and this one lit perfectly.  I've enjoyed about a quarter of it so far and the burn has been perfectly even, producing a generous amount of smoke.  I'm not sure about the taste because I burnt the roof of my mouth eating dinner earlier and I'm not very good with tasting notes anyway, but it's pleasant all the same.  It's actually very pleasant and if ever a cigar felt like it would only get better with age, then this is definitely one.

Electronic cigar?  I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment