Friday 2 September 2011

All Packed up and Ready to go

Why am I awake?  I should be fast asleep.  I can only assume that I'm just too excited.  After all, there is a lot to be excited about.

We're heading back to Ireland soon, in a couple of hours in fact, which means a 5 to 6 hour drive, which I love, followed by a 2 hour ferry crossing, which I could take or leave if I'm honest, after which we hit Dublin, which I also love.

Then there's the best thing about going home, which is obviously family and friends.  The Grandparents get to spend quality time with their Grandson, and we do our best to leave them to it by getting out of there at every opportunity and the slightest drop of a hat.  It's the least we can do.

There are cigar evenings with the two Amigos in the line up and I'm sure there will be a few cigar evenings at the Brothers house too.  The travel humidor has 10 quality sticks that have already taken their place, some of which will soon be making way for other quality sticks.

I'm taking two and a half dozen bottles of St. Peters Brewery Best Bitter with me and we have some new music CD's to keep us going for the trip.  It's going to be Arcade Fire and The National all the way.

Another exciting event to look forward to is our holiday in the sun this October, but more excitingly, we've been invited back to the Doyle's, even though John was nearly killed last time.  I'm sure he's already plotted his revenge. 

So sun and sand late October followed by Johns 40th Birthday party early December, then its Christmas.  Sure what more could you want.  It's the wife's 40th Birthday in December too.  Then a day a half later, it's my turn to hit the big Four O.  Not majorly excited about that one though.

I'm am wondering what to do regarding cigars for the sun holiday.  Should I get some in beforehand, yes probably, or should I just stock up at Duty free on the way out?  Both I think, just in case duty free is shut or something.  At least if I stock up a bit, I know I'm guaranteed quality.  The last thing I'd want is to have a week in Paradise ruined by some duff cigars.

Airport cigar shopping can be a risky business.  I don't imagine any problems with the top airports but standards can be lacking and as you generally don't have an opportunity to bring stuff back, the cigar shopper needs to be wary.

Two hours sleep is all I got last night, or tonight even.  It's after getting hot again over the past couple of days and the heat is not agreeing with me.  That said, I am sitting here in jeans and a tee-shirt, drinking coffee with a hot laptop on my lap, which isn't exactly cooling me down.  Maybe I try to get some sleep but my thoughts are now wandering up the road to the 24 hour beigel shop...hmm...salt beef beigel...

Anyway, here's a weird photo of me from the last trip to Dublin.  I forgot about the beard. 

Mr. Mc Anudos


No comments:

Post a Comment