Monday 22 August 2011

Sancho Panza

That's the cigar, not the fat bloke.

It was Wednesday when they arrived.  Cigars I'd been eyeing up for a while but I never actually thought I'd get.

I opened the box and was immediately hit by the smell.  These things definitely had a smell.  A nice smell, not unlike mildly smelly cheese.  I like smelly cheese and I liked my new smelly cigars.

These were aged cigars, bought from C.Gars Ltd, who, by the way, don't add a penny onto cost for aging them, even though they're from 1998 and there must be some cost associated with that.  Anyway, I'm not complaining.

I was seriously looking forward to getting one going but I was babysitting on Wednesday so it'd have to be Thursday.  The rain didn't stop coming down all day Thursday, so I had to wait till Friday.

The weather on Friday was perfect,  so I took one to the garden and set a flame to it.  To say I was expecting something special is a bit of an understatement.  To say I was blown away by this cigar is another one.  Absolutely beautiful.  Perfect even.

As the smell was a bit on the strong side, I was expecting the cigar to be heavy but it wasn't. It was fairly medium but full of flavour with lots of smoke and very satisfying.  Big too, 7" long with a 47 ring guage, these were Sancho Panza' Coronas Gigantes.  The name says it all really.

This cigar lasted just over 2 hours so having one certainly needs planning.  I'll be planning one again very soon with any luck.  The construction was flawless, very little veining and pleasing on the eye.  Basically this cigar was as close to perfection as any cigar I've smoked yet.  At around the same price as a good Cuban Robusto, I think it's great value for money

That's about it for now.  I might get one more post done before we head back to Ireland in a couple of weeks time but I'll be keeping the head down until then.  Once back on Irish soil, some serious cigar smoking will be had.

I smoked you

I'm gonna smoke all of you

There's Sancho






No comments:

Post a Comment