Friday 8 April 2011

Short Spring in my step

Spring lasted about 3 days then summer hit London.  Hopefully summer will last a bit longer.  Monday and Tuesday were terrible, proper bad wet windy stay indoors weather. Certainly not cigar smoking weather. Then it all changed on Wednesday. Perfect for outdoor pursuits, such as sitting down to smoke a cigar and drink ale.

So I've spent some time in sun this week and managed to pick up a bit of a farmers tan, or sportsmans tan as I like to call it.  I also picked up some cigars and beers.  Probably more than I should but hey, it is summer after all and some of us don't have to get up for work in the morning.  I did do a 30 minutes power work-out on Tuesday and Wednesday so I feel good about myself.  Might do another one today.  Bit tired though.  My little angel woke up at 4:10am and didn't get back to bed until 6am.  The joys.

The cigars this week were a Romeo y Julieta Exhibition No. 4, a Partagas Serie P No. 2, a Oliva Serie V - Belicoso and a Ramon Allones specially selected.  The RyJ was the best cigar I've smoked in a while.  Not the biggest of cigars, but it lasted over an hour and was great from start to finish.  The roll was perfect.  Great price too.  The Partagas was also very nice but not up to the same standard as the Romeo. Bigger and more expensive.  The Romeo was sitting in the humidor for 3 or 4 weeks so maybe that had something to do with it.  I think I've proved, that when it comes to cigars, bigger is not always better.  The Oliva was a nice surprise.  A fine cigar that I would recommend and I look forward to trying again.  The RASS was great too.

Another of my hobbies is the garden, which I have to say, is looking good again.  As this is the place where I do most of my cigar smoking, I think it should be treated with the respect it deserves, so I might as well put some effort in.  The plants are all in order, pretty much, and it's just the seating needs sanding and staining, so I guess that's the weekend sorted.

I went a bit over the top with plants last year, which involved way too much effort for the returns we got, so this year, all I've got on the go are onion, lettuce, basil, strawberry, mint, carrots, tomato and raspberries. The raspberry plants were put down last year so this year is the first year to fruit.  Fingers crossed, but it's looking good so far.

Here's to another day in the sun.  Enjoy the weekend and the Masters.






No comments:

Post a Comment